Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Memory Box Blog Blitz this week on Outside the Box blog!


I'm so excited about kicking off the Blog Blitz for this week!  I've been over the moon about the latest dies and stamps which arrived in my mailbox about a week ago.  Monday's class at Your Maine Stamper featured a number of the new dies. Here's one sample card:
Sc0003e86b
DIE:  98391 Delicate Fern (2X4.8)
P1010001
I ran the die through my Cuttlebug using Shimmer Grass cardstock. Once I pushed out the fern, I used the rest as a stencil with Distress Shabby Shutters and an ink blending tool on a Meadow notecard. On the finished card, this inked image looks like a shadow of the fern.
I used tiny glue dots to secure the fern leaves just slightly askew from the inked image.  I added a snippet of Flower Cottage paper under the fern as a base for a sentiment I will add later.  I then tied a pretty piece of narrow blue ribbon around the card, ending with a bow near the base of the fern. Another stencil of the fern on the inside of the card and one on the envelope finish this up!  This is a very versatile card by just changing up the sentiment.

Lydia has ordered a number of the new dies and they should be here in a week or so.  There are also four new stamps.

Visit the Memory Box blog to see some incredible samples made by design team members this week!

Please be sure to leave a comment on the Outside the Box blog posts each day this week.  At the end of each day (11:59 EST), Laura will randomly draw a name from the comments to win one of the new dies.  Also, there will be a flickr card contest.  People will have until Thursday, June 14th (11:59EST) to upload a card to the Memory Box group (http://www.flickr.com/groups/1428888@N20/) using at least one Memory Box die.  Laura will choose two winners to win some new Memory Box dies, and will highlight the winning cards on the OTB blog on Friday, June 15th.

What an exciting week!  I'm sure you can't wait to see what we've all come up with featuring the newest dies and stamps!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter