Thanks to all of you who joined us for our Fifteenth Anniversary celebration on Saturday at Your Maine Stamper. We had a great time! Lots of cool make & takes with Anne, Pam, Charlene, and Jo! Yummy cake with our store logo on it! And lots of stuff went out the door and home with you for your crafting fun!
I have decided from time to time to add tutorials to this blog.
Here's a card I made this month (and posted on the Outside the Box blog) using some of the newest Memory Box stamps.
- G1804 Harvest Moon
- G1795 Autumn Leaf Collage
- F1776 Fall Leaf Trio
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Chalks: Pebbles Cream Chalks in Earth Tone Metallic Shades
Notecard: Sweet Corn
6X6 BLACKBIRD or NIGHTFALL papers
- Stamp G1804 Harvest Moon on Parchment cardstock with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. Trim image and mount on 6X6 paper; trim. Adhere to top left of Sweet Corn notecard.
- Stamp the lower portion of G1795 Autumn Leaf Collage on Parchment cardstock with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. Trim image and mount on 6X6 paper. trim. Adhere to lower right of Sweet Corn notecard.
- Stamp F1776 Fall Leaf Trio on Parchment cardstock with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. Trim.
- Use the Pebbles Cream Chalks in the brown, gold, and copper tones to color the leaves and the moon.
- Use a glue dot to secure the stems of the Fall Leaf Trio lined up over the stem that is stamped on the "autumn" piece. Use pop dots on the leaves for more dimension. (In the photo above, you can see the neat shadow that is a result of popping the leaves and placing the card in the sun.)
On Friday we got in lots and lots of the newest stamps and dies from the Memory Box Holiday 2011 Collection.
Hurry in to get your stamps, dies, and papers and get a head start on your holiday cards while we celebrate Christmas in July. All Christmas stamps are 15% off until the end of the month!!! And that includes the newest stamps that arrived last week from DRS, Outlines, and Memory Box.
There are some new stamps from House Mouse and Stamps by Judith and another order started for Stamps by Judith. Please call if there are stamps you want from this company so we can get them to you in a timely manner.
FYI: New hours starting in September
YOUR MAINE STAMPER will be closed on Mondays starting Labor Day in September. We will continue to be open Tuesdays through Saturdays, 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM. We will continue to offer classes on weekdays and Saturdays as well as special events from time to time during business hours.
Periodically Anne will offer Monday afternoon classes 1-3 PM and the shop will be open to class participants only.
Check the blog frequently (http://yourmainestamper.blogspot.com) for shop news, information on upcoming classes and events, and the occasional tutorial. E-mails (from Rod Tenney Re: Your Maine Stamper) will also help you stay up-to-date, and Lydia will also send out post cards for special events to people not on the e-mail list.
We apologize for any inconvenience that Monday closings may present for you and hope that you will continue to visit YOUR MAINE STAMPER for all of your paper crafting needs.