Thursday, May 5, 2011

THE GLUE GLIDER PRO IS HERE!!!



I am really excited to let you know that the Glue Glider Pro from Glue Arts has arrived at Your Maine Stamper!!!  Lydia ordered twelve of them and 24 of the refill cartridges when we went to the trade show in March.  This is the BEST tape gun ever!

I went online and found a review by Ellen Hutson that compares the Glue Glider Pro and the ATG.  These are her thoughts:  As you all know I really like to research a product before I determine whether or not I will carry it in our store. It was at CHA that I discovered this awesome little glue applicator. I don't know if this has been all the rage, but I know that I just discovered it and knew I had to share it with you.
As you well know I'm not so much about the "cute" factor - LOL! For me it is finding out if the product works as professed. What are the Pros and Cons? So here's the skinny from Ellen's vantage point.
ATGvPro 
Size Comparison:
Glue Glider Pro - 5 ounces and 6 3/4" x 5 5/8" x 1 1/8"
ATG Gun - 13 1/2 ounces and 9 1/2" x 9" x 1 3/4"
For those of you who are young and strong the ATG Gun is not a problem, but for those who have arthritis setting in, or fully set in, I believe that the Glue Glider Pro is the answer to your adhesive needs! It is not cumbersome or awkward. With the ATG gun there is a little trigger that needs to be pulled in order to activate the release of the adhesive. Another advantage with the Glue Glider Pro is that you simply pull - no double action trigger activation required! 
Pro Refill 1  Pro Refill 
Storage and Travel: One of the things that I must be extremely careful with is how I store and travel with my ATG gun being the adhesive is out there fully exposed. It has been on numerous occasions that I have had my gun stick to different items in my storage drawer or in my tote. Glue Arts has an innovative solution for this problem. Quickly pull the adhesive cartridge out and flip it around storing the exposed adhesive on the inside of the applicator as shown above.
Tape Comparison 1 
The next part of my test was determing how easily the adhesive applied. As you can see I have tried to title the two parts of this project defining which applicator I used. One of the disadvantages to the ATG gun has always been the "start and stop" of my adhesive application. As you can see many times there are "strings" that extend beyond where I actually want my adhesive to be applied. I would have to pull this extra adhesive off. Sometimes I would remove too much of the adhesive and have to reapply it.
Once again Glue Glider Pro has come up with an innovative solution. They have die cut the adhesive every 1/16" to allow you to apply a small amount of adhesive with a defined cut point. This applicator does still allow you to use a continuous line, but as you will see I don't think that you will find this necessary. 
Tape Comparison 2 
Now it was time for the mother of all tests - the TRUE TEST! How would it stick?!?
Cathy is my witness to this test. After applying the adhesives I closed my card and pressed my hand smoothly and evenly over the entire surface. I let is sit for a minute and then I opened it up.
SHUT UP!!!! OMWord - never in my life would I have thought there was an adhesive that holds better than the ATG Red. I have tried the ATG Gold tape (this is the acid-free variety), but it was WAY too stringy for me, it drove me crazy and didn't stick as well. So I switched to the ATG Red tape. Well look at the result! WOW, WOW, WOW! I couldn't believe. I felt that my trusty red ATG tape had let me down, so I tried again because I know it sticks, it really does!
Tape Comparison 3 
This time I pressed hard on the ATG adhesive and left it sit longer - thank goodness - it does work. I knew it had too, I have been in love with it for far too long to not have it work. I remember the days of using Snail Adhesive or Mono Adhesive and having my cards fall apart right before my eyes. So when I tried the ATG adhesive I was absolutely thrilled with the "hold" it had. I still am thrilled with it and so this test totally blew me out of the water.
So are there any Cons - well yes, there are. First is the environmentally friendly aspect. Rather than just having a roll of paper to dispose of upon completion there is the plastic cartridge. Unfortunately so many struggle with installation of the tape in the ATG gun and the slightly awkward application that I determined that currently there is a need for this type of applicator. I truly hope that Glue Arts will continue to work on the cartridges to reduce the amount of waste when the adhesive has run out, in fact I will urge them to do so.
Second is cost. WE HAVE PRICED THE GLUE GLIDER PRO AT $15 @ YOUR MAINE STAMPER.  Once you purchase your ATG dispenser, your initial cost is somewhere in the $50-$75 range, the adhesive is inexpensive. I believe it is somewhere around $.12/yd. and if you are a shopper of all shoppers you can probably find it for less.  
So next I did an internet search to find the costs of the Glue Glider PermaTac refills. With that search I found a range of prices beginning around $.52/yd up to $.68/yd.  AT YOUR MAINE STAMPER REFILLS ARE 40 FEET IN LENGTH AND WILL RETAIL FOR $9.90. THAT'S ABOUT $ .68 PER YARD without including the cost of the 350 mini adhesive squares that are included in each refill package.

I think you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!!  I've put mine on hold for me, along with two refills, until I can get there Saturday to pick it up.  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter