Monday, August 1, 2011

Celebrate Summer at Your Maine Stamper...It's AUGUST!!!

SATURDAY AUGUST 20  9 AM TO NOON
at YOUR MAINE STAMPER

This is our BIG EVENT for the month of August.  We have 12 vendors in the yard all bringing crafting supplies to sell.  Really good deals on stamps, papers, tools, etc.  Sales inside the shop too!!!


Here's this week's tutorial:  A Chipboard Home Decor Piece

I had a large white chipboard letter A that I used for this project.  I've seen lots of white chipboard shapes at the craft stores that would work for this technique, too.  Or you could cut out your own letter from a cereal box or scrap thin cardboard.

Begin by tracing the outline of your chipboard shape onto a piece of 12X12 paper.  I used the Fennel paper from last summer's Memory Box Jubilee collection.  Cut out the paper shape and adhere it to the chipboard piece.  I used a double-sided tape runner.  You may find that you will need to trim things up with an Exacto knife or sand the edges of the papered shape.

Stamp some images that you like that compliment the paper you've chosen.  I used Archival Jet Black ink and these Memory Box stamps:  D1325 Leafy Shoot, G1718 Orchid Branch Print, A1743 Spiral Flower, and C1714 Cocoa Bean Butterfly.  I stamped each image on Jubilee paper scraps from the 6X6 collection and added touches of pink and green chalks to highlight the flowers.  Once I cut them out I attached them to the papered shape, putting some on flat and using pop-dots on some for more dimension.  I also added daffodil yellow pearls to the Leafy Shoot Spiral Flower images and Frost pale blue ones to the orchids.  A row of black pearls emphasize the body of the Cocoa Bean Butterfly.

That's it!  I didn't do anything to the back.  I have mine propped on a shelf above my desk.  You might even make a collection of embellished letters to spell out FAMILY or FRIENDS.  Or glam up a shape for a specific holiday and use it in your decorations.  I'm sure you'll think of even more ways to adapt this idea for your own projects!

--Anne

1 comment:

  1. This is great -- looks like fun. With a last name like mine only needing a simply shaped L, this would be easy to do. Could even use scraps of paper to create a collaged letter. Hmmmm... Thanks for the idea. Connie

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter